Near the Bellalma vineyards there are numerous places of tourist interest.
Palazzo della Penna (Perugia)
The Palazzo della Penna is located in via Podiani 11 in Perugia and is home to the Civic Museum of Palazzo della Penna-Center for Contemporary Culture, the Deputation of Homeland History for Umbria, the Department of Culture and some other municipal offices ( Sports and Green Areas).
Rocca Paolina (Perugia)
Rocca Paolina is a fortress in the city of Perugia. It was built between 1540 and 1543 at the behest of Pope Paul III and represented, until 1860, the symbol of pontifical power over the ancient city. The construction, designed by Alessandro Tomassoni from Terni and Antonio da Sangallo the Younger, was built on what were the houses of the Baglioni, following their revolt against the pope, and occupied a large part of the southern slope of Perugia.
Piazza IV Novembre (Perugia)
Piazza IV Novembre is located in the historic center of Perugia, and as Serafino Siepi wrote, “it is the most beautiful and oldest square in the city, central to the same”
The asymmetrical square opens to the convergence of the five road axes that structure the medieval city and for its scenography it has represented the privileged place of urban functions in every age: here was the ancient forum and there are preserved monuments connected to the plant urban planning of the Etruscan-Roman city.
Corso Vannucci (Perugia)
Corso Vannucci is the main street of Perugia. The street, which takes its name from Pietro Vannucci, a painter born in Città della Pieve and famous with the nickname Il Perugino, develops between imposing and important palaces: Palazzo dei Priori (on the ground floor the Collegio del Cambio, frescoed by Perugino, and the Collegio della Mercanzia), Palazzo dei Notari (XV century), Casa di Baldo degli Ubaldi (XV century), church of Sant’Isidoro (deconsecrated), Palazzo Donini (1716).
Palazzo dei Priori (Perugia)
The Palazzo dei Priori or Comunale, is one of the best examples of public buildings in the municipal age in Italy. It is located in the central Piazza IV Novembre in Perugia, Umbria.
It extends along Corso Vannucci to via Boncampi. It is still today part of the Town Hall and, on the third floor, of the National Gallery of Umbria.
Chiesa di San Severo (Perugia)
The church of San Severo is located in Perugia, in Piazza Raffaello di Porta Sole, on the highest part of the city (493 m.). The current building dates back to 1758, when it was built adjacent to the oldest Camaldolese church, now under the convent. This ancient church, founded at the time of San Romualdo, had small apses and a cuspidata niche whose remains are visible in the ex-convent.
Renato Curi stadium (Perugia)
The Renato Curi stadium, originally the municipal stadium of Pian di Massiano, is a sports facility in Perugia. It was inaugurated in 1975 and owes its original name to the Pian di Massiano area, where it stands. The current title honors the memory of the late Renato Curi, footballer of Perugia, the team that in this stadium dispute their internal matches.
Università degli Studi di Perugia
It was one of the first free universities to be built in Italy, erected at Studium Generale on September 8, 1308, as evidenced by the papal bull “Super Specula” by Clement V. An institution that educated in the arts of medicine and law, however, existed since early thirteenth century, mainly financed by the Municipality of Perugia.
The City of Sunday
The City of Sunday is a wildlife amusement park located in Perugia in the Ferro di Cavallo area (2 km from the center). He was born on the initiative of the Perugian businessman Mario Spagnoli (1900-1977), son of Luisa Spagnoli, who in 1960 decided to transform the land he owned on Monte Pulito, on the outskirts of Perugia, into a park for the leisure of families, a sort of ideal city that was initially to be called “Spagnolia”.
Santa Maria degli Angeli (Assisi)
The basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli is a Roman Catholic church located in Assisi, in the homonymous hamlet. It was built on a project by Galeazzo Alessi and with interventions by Jacopo Barozzi da Vignola starting from the second half of the sixteenth century. Inside there is the Porziuncola, the chapel where Francis of Assisi gathered in prayer, and for this center of Franciscan spirituality.
Autodromo di Magione (Magione)
The “Mario Umberto Borzacchini” Umbria racetrack – also known simply as the Magione racetrack – is an Italian car and motorcycle circuit. It is located in the city of Magione, in the province of Perugia, more precisely in Bacanella.
The basilica of San Francesco (Assisi)
The basilica of San Francesco in Assisi, is the place that since 1230 preserves and guards the mortal remains of the seraphic saint. Wanted by Pope Gregory IX as specialis ecclesia, it was awarded by the same Pontiff the title of Caput et Mater of the Minority Order and contextually entrusted in perpetuity to the same friars. In the year 2000, together with other Franciscan sites in the district, the basilica was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Basilica di Santa Chiara (Assisi)
The church was built, after the death of Santa Chiara, between 1257 and 1265, around the ancient church of San Giorgio, which until 1230 had kept the mortal remains of San Francesco. The mortal remains were moved as early as 1260, while the solemn consecration took place in 1265, in the presence of Clement IV. The construction works were carried out by the architect Filippo da Campello. The crypt that now houses the saint’s tomb was built only in 1850.
Lake Trasimeno is, with an area of 128 km², the largest lake in central Italy, fourth among the Italian lakes immediately after Lake Como. This extension is accompanied by a shallow depth (average 4.3 m, maximum 6 m); this makes it classified as a laminar lake. Lake Trasimeno is part of the Province of Perugia, in the Umbria region. In Lake Trasimeno there are three islands or, in order of size, the Polvese, the Maggiore and the Minore.